Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Behind the Mirror: Home Made Gloss

I did it! After scrub mixes, clay face masks and henna masks, I decided I am ready for the next level. I made my first home made beauty product. It is a cinnamon hydrating gloss with mango butter.

I got all the ingredients, utensils, recipe and how-to guidelines from elemental.ro.

I had so much fun doing it. It was easy and the end result pretty amazing. I know, I shouldn’t have, but I decided to add a little bit of some special oil, to enhance the mixture, add some extra vitamin C and anti-oxidizing properties to the mix. Sorry, cannot divulge what it was, because it is the “secret of the cook”.

I am not a fan of lip glosses, but I decided to start my self made cosmetics "career" with something easy and a gloss, was something easy. The only thing I shouldn’t have done was to keep it in the fridge, because the mango butter solidified and it looks less glossy, but I like it better know, because it has a less runny consistency.
I am not a big fan of cinnamon and I think the gloss is a bit bitter to the taste because of it, but it adds some fun to the mix. The color is subtle and stays on the lips more than I expected and long after the glossy finish is worn off. Also the glycerin and mango butter hydrates the lips in a way only few lip balms do.

I do not adore this product (the smell gets me dizzy), but it is a good lip product.

I know that for some of you this might sound very witchy, but I have decided that I want to experiment a little more with homemade beauty products and natural ingredients. I will keep you posted on my progress!

I am curious about your experiences. Have you ever tried to do some beauty products on your own?

Be creative, it keeps the soul young!
Alex.

No comments: