Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Young Writers - Ioana Dorojan

I am always for the look-out for new thrills, especially when it comes to cultural ones. Today I will present you a young Romanian writer with a most thrilling style. Her name is Ioana Dorojan and her writing is uniquely elegant, refined and dark. Exactly what is needed to write gothic stories and hopefully, pretty soon a novel, too.

Here is where you can read for yourselves her published writing:

Luna Sângerie
Îmbrățișări din adânc Which was republished by her highschool teacher on her blog.
Vine întunericul This story made me both proud and envious! The beautiful athmosphre is exactly the kind of athmosphere I love in a gothic novel/ story.

She does write in Romanian, however google translate might help you with the translations.

Besides writing, she also is a huge music fan (Diary of Dreams, Diorama, Tarja Turunen, and many more) and takes amazing photos. She owns a blog, Doubt Truth to Be a Liar where you can find out more about her and read some of her writings, also in English. She also had a writing collaboration with the Romanian band Magica on their latest album "Dark Diary", more about that can be found here.

Read and listen to music, it keeps your soul young!
Alex.

1 comment:

Ioana said...

I am both humbled and deeply moved! Thank you so very much, my dear! Your constant support is absolutely priceless, it can only be seen in the works that are to come. I cannot find more words right now to express my gratitude! I wish you all the best things in your life, hopes and dreams! I love you!